Public locations save money, provides state services, forms
Senator Bob Mensch is offering office hours across the 24th Senate District. As part of his commitment to make state services readily accessible to his constituents, Senator Mensch’s extensive outreach program involves regularly scheduled visits by staff members to assist constituents in their hometowns throughout the 24th Senatorial District.
“During these tough economic times, it is essential that government agencies continue to find ways to reduce costs. Utilizing public libraries, municipal buildings and community centers, we have been able to expand our services and make ourselves more readily available to residents.”
Scheduled visits under Senator Mensch’s outreach program include:
- Springfield Township Municipal Building, 2320 Township Road, Quakertown, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the first, fourth and fifth Wednesday of the month; from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of odd months and from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of even months; and, from 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of the month.
- Durham Township Municipal Building, Old Furnace Road, Durham, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the second Wednesday of even months only. Rep. Marguerite Quinn will offer satellite office hours on the second Wednesday of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Nockamixon Township Municipal Building, 589 Lake Warren Road in Ferndale from 9 a.m. to noon on the third Wednesday of every month.Rep. Marguerite Quinn will offer satellite office hours on the first Wednesday of the month from 9:00 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Upper Bucks Senior Center, Milford Fire Company Social Hall, 2183 Milford Square Pike, Milford, from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month.
- Southern Lehigh Public Library 3200 Preston Lane, Center Valley, from 10:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. on the second Monday of each month.
- Borough of Lansdale Municipal Building, 1 Vine Street, Lansdale, from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. every Tuesday and Friday.
- Forks Township Community Center, 500 Zucksville Road, Easton, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on the first Tuesday of every month.
- Palmer Township Memorial Library, 1 Weller Place, Easton, from 9:30 to 11 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of every month.
Information about pending legislation, state laws, agencies and programs is also available at Senator Mensch’s website: www.senatormensch.com. The website also provides special sections of interest to senior citizens, veterans and kids and links to other governmental and civic organizations.
“Constituents can contact me through the website, sign up to receive periodic updates on issues and events in Harrisburg and around the 24th Senatorial District and may contact my office to schedule appointments outside of normal operating hours,” Senator Mensch said.
In addition to his outreach schedule, Senator Mensch operates one full-time and two part-time district offices:
- Montgomery County Office, 404 Main Street, Pennsburg, PA 18073, Phone: (215-541-2388. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Lehigh County Office, 1245 Chestnut Street, Unit #5, Emmaus, PA 18049, Phone: (610) 965-1466. The office is open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays.
- Northampton County Office, 1701 Washington Boulevard, Easton, PA 18042, Phone: (610) 250-5624. The office is open from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Constituents can receive state forms for PACE and the Property Tax/Rent Rebate Program; state transportation and fishing maps; and, assistance with PENNDOT, welfare and other state-related matters by contacting any of Senator Mensch’s District Offices.
Contact: Tim Hennessey