September 24, 2013
8E-B, 11:00 a.m to 12:30 p.m
- Senate Bill 20 Sen. LeAnna Washington (D-4), Sen. Kim Ward (R-39)
Updates the definition of “child abuse” and provides exclusions.
- Senate Bill 21 Sen. Kim Ward (R-39), Sen. John Blake (D-22)
Clarifies who is a “mandatory reporter” of child abuse.
- Senate Bill 22 Sen. Kim Ward (R-39), Sen. Tim Solobay (D-46)
Increases penalties for failure to report child abuse.
- Senate Bill 23 Sen. Lisa Baker (R-20), Sen. Christine Tartaglione (D-2)
Updates the definition of “perpetrator” and expands definition of “person responsible for a child’s welfare.”
- Senate Bill 27 Sen. Bob Mensch (R-24), Sen. Mike Stack (D-5)
Improves the exchange of information among medical practitioners and county agencies.
- Senate Bill 30 Sen. Ted Erickson (R-26), Sen. Richard Kasunic (D-32)
Establishes accountability and due process protections for individuals working with delinquent children in juvenile detention facilities and residential rehabilitative institutions.
- Senate Bill 33 Sen. Bob Mensch (R-24), Sen. Jim Brewster (D-45)
Provides employee whistleblower protection for child abuse reporting.