Below are some important Harrisburg updates that may be helpful to you.
As this year winds down, it’s important to take a look back at everything that 2020 has brought, even in the light of a global pandemic. All of our lives have been transformed in countless ways, and the lessons we’ve learned over the past 8-10 months will certainly shape our communities for years to come. As we take personal inventory of all that we have achieved, and where we need to grow, there is no doubt that the Senate of Pennsylvania will continue to work for you in 2021 and beyond. Looking back over the 2019-20 Legislative Session, there are countless accomplishments that should be noted.
- COVID-19 Response
- Assistance to communities.
- Unemployment accommodations.
- Allocating federal funding.
- Temporary educational policies.
- Public Trust in Government
- Pension forfeiture for convicted public officials.
- Inspector general investigations of misuse of public benefits.
- Public Safety
- Security grants.
- Human trafficking penalties.
- Policing reforms.
- Criminal justice reforms.
- School security grants.
- Tax credits for scholarship organizations.
- Making college more accessible and affordable.
- Health Care
- Breast cancer screening and coverage.
- Opioid Crisis
- Support for military veterans battling addiction.
- Support and funding for emergency responders.
While this is not a complete list, you can visit this page to get the full list of 2019-2020 Senate Legislative Accomplishments, and to research further all that we have been able to accomplish for Pennsylvania and our communities.
If you’re interested, you can sign up to receive my newsletters that contain the most up to date information on statewide and local issues on my website, senatormensch.com. You can also keep an eye on my website for news releases, email me with questions or concerns, or find contact information for my district offices which you can get in touch with if you need anything.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 215-541-2388.