Below are some important Harrisburg updates that may be helpful to you.
This week, the House and the Senate came together to pass a budget which is intended to provide interim funding for the fiscal year July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021. The General Fund state appropriations in the budget are funded to generally provide five months of support to Commonwealth agencies, with limited exceptions. All Federal and special fund appropriations are funded for a full fiscal year, which include all education funding. View my remarks on the passage of the budget here: https://pasen.wistia.com/medias/rwl0wquz98
In addition to the General Fund Budget, we provided funding for the following to address COVID-19:
- $625 million to counties due to increased costs due to COVID-19
- $225 million to statewide small business assistance
- $50 million in hazard pay grants
- $175 million in mortgage and rent assistance through the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency
- $10 million for vaccine and treatment development for biotech
- $692 million for Long-term living programs, including $245 million to nursing facilities
- $50 million for Fire/EMS company grants
Lastly, I encourage you to continue to stay calm and safe in whichever way you can as we ride this out together. I have been sending out newsletters almost daily with the most up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 with specific information related to our area. If you’re interested, you can sign up to receive these newsletters on my website, senatormensch.com. You can also keep an eye on my website for news releases, email me with questions or concerns, or find contact information for my district offices which you can get in touch with if you need anything.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 215-541-2388.
Senator Bob Mensch
24th Senatorial District