Below are some important Harrisburg updates that may be helpful to you.
This week, the House and Senate were both in session as June rolls on and the Legislature continues to barrel towards the June 30th budget deadline. The first part of that process was handled this week, as the Senate voted to position the budget bills when the agreement finally comes together.
What hit the closest to home this week was the House passed, and sent to the Governor’s Desk, my Senate Bill 445 which I’ve written about previously which allows individuals renewing the driver’s license or vehicle registration to donate an option $5 to the Breast Cancer Coalition. This was a tremendous step towards finding a cure, and I can’t thank my colleagues across the building, and my friend Pat Halpin-Murphy from the PA Breast Cancer Coalition for their work to get this bill to the finish line. Video of the House passage can be viewed at: https://pasen.wistia.com/medias/ol7bmurb7j.
Additionally on the home front, the Senate Banking and Insurance Committee unanimously approved Senate Bill 731, my legislation which would allow smaller charities to accept large gift annuities by shifting the risk to a corporate insurer in order to continue dedicating resources towards achieving their mission.
This week, the Senate passed the following bills:
- House Bill 649 (Rapp) – Creating an Essential Caregiver in Long-Term Care Facilities (similar to my Senate Bill 190)
- House Bill 1154 (Masser) – Legislation to make Mixed Drinks To Go permanent
- Senate Bill 119 (Pittman) – Requiring Legislative Approval for Imposing a Carbon Tax
- Senate Bill 319 (Bartolotta) – Workers’ Compensation and Third-Party Lawsuits – Whitmoyer Remedy
- Senate Bill 416 (Gordner) – CRNA Designation update
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 215-541-2388.
Senator Bob Mensch
24th Senatorial District
CONTACT: Sarah Rasmussen email@example.com (215) 541-2388